Is a Swiss and Argentinian designer. He’s actually lives and works between Switzerland and in Shanghai, China. He studied in Switzerland, where he obtained his Degree in Industrial Design and Products at ECAL (University of Art and design in Lausanne) in July 2007.
During the past years, he has exhibited his various works in New York (Vitra’s Store and ICFF), Cologne (IMM, Köln Messe), Lausanne (MUDAC / Contemporary Art and Design Museum) and in Milan ( Milano Furniture Fair) where he was nominated at the Report Design Award.
It was with the project Staple Shelf, that he obtained a Swiss Federal Design Award and exhibited his work in Zurich (Bellerive Design Museum) Switzerland in 2008.
"Jean-Philippe Bonzon has created a wide range of products, including his boot removal device, a hair slide with bristles or the lamps made of cable binders. His objects stand out because of the choice and use of materials as well as his functional solutions with their tongue-in-cheek humour."
The Federal Office of Culture
From there Jean-Philippe Bonzon work and meet a lot of designer, architects, influent in the contemporary creativity field. He work 5 years at the Chinese firm Neri & Hu in Shanghai, where he could work with different brands like Jia Inc, Parachilna, Gandia Blasco, Moooi, Camper, Stellar Works, De La Espada and many more…
Actually he’s working as an independant designer working in the furniture, ligthings and accessories for restaurants, bars and brands around the world.
EXHIBITION / AWARDS
• Ontimeshow, Shanghai At Westbund, 15th-17th October
• The 22nd Shanghai International Furniture Expo, 8th to 11th September
• Shanghai Design Week, 26th-29th August
• Maison & Objet Paris 2016.
• Nominee Special Price "From Yuhang Rong Design Library".
• Eco Design Fair, Shanghai, China
from Sat June 6th to Sun June 7th, 2015
• Excellent Swiss Design Scenography, Shanghai, China
• Exhibition to the Design Republic store, Shanghai / 88 yuqing road (CN)
• Award and exhibition "Vegetal Chair Re-Design Competition" for Vitra Shanghai (CN), exhibition until January 2013, result: 3rd price for the Phytopathology project
• Exhibition to DEPOT BASEL; Musterzimmer: No Function – No Sense? (CH)
• Voisins, Voisines... with the collective DareDo, la Placette, Lausanne (CH)
• Award and exhibition, Bourses fédérales de design 08 / Eidgenössische Förderpreise für Design 08 / Swiss Design Grant 08, Museum Bellerive, Zürich (CH)
• Exhibition Furniture, JEAN TSCHUMI Architecture échelle Grandeur
in Lausanne and Zürich (CH)
• Pimp my Baby, Lausanne (CH)
• Design report award nominated 2008, Milano (I)
• DesignÀ4, Salone Internazionale del mobile, Milano (I)
• Les Guéridons, Furniture Fair, “Prototipi Manzoni”, Milano (I)
• Exhibition Furniture, “Julius Schulman”, Archizoom EPFL, Lausanne (CH)
• Exhibition Diploma 2007 in new écal, Renens (CH)
• Art'Gare with DareDo in Lausanne, Neuchâtel and Geneva (CH)
• H+O (contest: 3rd), Pavillon Suisse Le Corbusier, Paris (F)
• ECAL/ALCO, I.C.F.F., New-York (USA)
• Christofle/écal, Salone Internazionale del Mobile, Milano (I)
• Souvenir of America, Internationale Möbelmesse, Köln (D)
• Souvenir of America, THE VITRA STORE, New-York (USA)
• Souvenir of America, MU.DAC, Lausanne (CH)
• Galerie Basta, scenography for fulguro., Lausanne (CH)